Friday, July 15, 2011

Gabage Blend Approved by Finn

So last night's blend:
3 oz chicken
1 mango
4 oz prune juice
2 c rice milk
2 c oatmeal
1 1/2 c green beans
2 tbsp flax oil

Daycare still had issues getting him fed. I had to go back and unclog his tube, luckily we were still in the area as daycare is about 20 minutes away. I come to find out they are using a god awful med port, which the tubing is narrower than on the straight ports. Upon discovering his spare straight port was no longer in the bad, and I just keep a med port in the emergency bag in the car, I promised to send him one on Monday. Hopefully that helps with their issues. They only did like half his feed at 3pm...so annoying!

Tonight's blend was a mess. I was over on calories...I forgot to add his prune juice before I added extra olive oil. Then, the fucking spinach wasn't blended good enough, so I had to go back and sift all the chunks out with the strainer.

1 c spinach
.5 c lima beans
1 can on tuna
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbs flax oil
2 c oatmeal
2 c rice milk
4 oz prune juice
1.5 c papaya
1 banana (it was going to go bad)
= One hot mess

I had the tuna, papaya, spinach, and half the rice milk in the bowl, as I was at the blender. I turns around and Finn (our eccentric cat) has her head in the bowl sampling Spencer's "yuck" (it's what his dad started calling it. It has stuck). I justified not making a new blend with the fact that Spencer wouldn't stop licking the shopping cart at the grocery store yesterday and Finn's mouth has to be cleaner than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment