Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Oh, avocado!

The first blend I did tonight ended in utter disaster. Cherios don't get as mushy as I thought they would. Hopefully with a blender we'll be able to get them fine enough..if not, bran flakes would do well. Avocado did not blend how I wanted it to and left major chunks in his food. I scraped that batch and created the following:
2 packs of cream of wheat (prepared)
1/4 cup of whole grain baby cereal
2 cups of Enriched Rice Dream
1 2.5 oz stage 1 prunes
2 3.5 oz stage 2 banana and granola
1 4 oz bananas
2 4 oz mixed veggies
1 4oz squash
3 oz of turkey and gravy dinner
4 tsp of olive oil
= About 1200 calories
I did try some peanut butter with Spencer tonight. I'm going to try it again tomorrow before I'm confident enough to incorporate it into his blends. I'm also going to attempt to make my own baby food tomorrow. If we can buy veggies and fruit in bulk when it's cheap, then we can offset some of the costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment